She says that is why the province plans to move more oil by rail as Alberta fights for the long-term solution of building pipelines to new markets. EDMONTON, A.B. – Premier Rachel Notley says Alberta will again ease mandatory oil production cuts due to lower storage levels.The province says it will allow increased production by 25,000 barrels per day in April.This will be the second increase since December when the government ordered production of raw crude oil and bitumen to be cut by 325,000 barrels per day to deal with low prices. The first increase was on Jan. 30 when Notley announced the province would allow increased production by 75,000 barrels per day.The government says oil storage levels are trending downward and the price difference between Alberta heavy oil and West Texas Intermediate remains narrow.The province also says warmer weather in spring could mean less diluent will be needed in pipelines, which helps oil flow easier.“As we fight to get full value for the resources owned by all Albertans, we know that our plan is working as we continue to reduce the amount of oil we have in storage,” Notley said Thursday in a release.“The decision to temporarily limit production was applied fairly and equitably, and our plan is working to stop allowing our resource to be sold for pennies on the dollar.”Notley says the short-term production limit is not ideal or sustainable.
Gurugram: Colonel Preet Singh who was the serving colonel in the Indian Army lost his life in Gurugram on Monday due to a road accident. Colonel Preet Singh was deputed in Bathinda and was a part of seven engineer regiment.According to the law enforcement, the Army officer who had been awarded sena medal was travelling in the Army vehicle Tata Storme when the Maruti Swift hit his vehicle from the rear side that caused in the massive crash. On Thursday Colonel Singh was cremated with full military honours. The Army officer used to reside with his family in Sector-22 Palam Vihar. His father Raghuveer Singh is a retired judge while his wife Swati Singh is a professor at Delhi University. He had two children a son and a daughter. His son Samayan was eight years of age while his daughter Diksha was just a year old. On average, there are nine accidents that occur daily in Millennium City. In 2014, there were 1180 cases of accidents leading to 430 deaths. In 2015 the cases slightly reduced to 1140 but the death toll was higher at 435 while in 2016 there were 1201 incidents of accidents leading to 420 deaths. In 2018, there were 460 people who had lost their lives on the roads of Gurugram. Officials also indicate that the visibility further decreased during driving heavy vehicles. Other factors resulting in the deadly mishap are fatigue, overspeeding, drunken driving and overloading. To prevent fatalities caused due to mishaps, the Haryana government introduced Haryana vision Zero. The campaign has resulted in reducing the number of accidents in major cities of Haryana including Gurugram.
Rabat – Moroccan Islamist preacher Hassan Kettani condemned degrading Islamist scholar Qadi Ayyad during a comedy show that Moroccan television channel 2M aired on New Year’s Eve.During the most recent episode of his show “Al Jumua Talk” on Youtube, Kettani criticized 2M, saying: that channel had invited a “ridiculous” comedian who used “degrading and insulting” words against Imam Ayyad.The comedian used Qadi Ayyad’s name as the punchline for a joke that associated “Qadi” with “excrement,” saying: “At home you have a bathroom that has a small library inside. You read Qadi Ayyad’s book and you are done defecating.” Born in Ceuta in 1083 under the Almoravid dynasty, Qadi Ayyad was the scion of a notable scholarly family. Ayyad became a prestigious scholar and great Imam of Ceuta and then a magistrate in the Emirate of Granada. Sheikh Kettani excused the comedian, citing the fact that he might not have been familiar with Ayyad. However, Kettani stressed that 2M, “which gets paid from the public money,” did not accidentally show the scene. The channel “is used to degrading sacred Islam,” including disrespecting the status of the Prophet Muhammad and Islamist scholars, he said.Read Also: Moroccan Cleric Annahari Stirs Row Over New Year’s Eve CelebrationAfter citing some of Ayyad’s works, Kettani called for respecting scholars and stressed that Moroccans should show indignation over the comedian making a mockery of Ayyad.He also called on Ulama councils’ scholars and intellectuals to condemn and raise voices against this act.Ayyad served as a judge in Ceuta between 1121 and 1136. He lost a revolt that he headed against the coming of the Almohades to Ceuta. Ayyad was then exiled to Tadla in central Morocco and later to Marrakech, where he died in 1149.Morocco’s Cadi Ayyad University in Marrakech was named after Qadi Ayyad. He is also known as one of the “seven saints of Marrakech.” Seikh Kettani was a former political prisoner. In September 2003, he was sentenced to 20 years in prison for alleged connections to the Casablanca bombings in 2003. Eight years later, Kettani was granted a royal pardon due to efforts by his lawyer, Mustapha Ramid, who later became Morocco’s Minister of Justice.Since his release, Kettani has denounced extremism and encouraged its rejection.
DOWNLOAD1. UK new car registrations: Highest September on record2. CV and bus registrations post further gains3. Transport Secretary – Statement on vehicle testing4. SMMT hosts Conservative Party Conference Roundtable5. EU referendum: New “exit” group launches its campaign6. UK trade deficit narrows in August7. Week aheadClick to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Tia Norfleet, the first African American female licensed by NASCAR, made her debut at the Motor Mile Speedway in Fairlawn, Virginia, August 4, 2012. In its 67-year history, she is the first and only African American woman to compete in NASCAR.“It gives us great pleasure to officially announce Tia Norfleet’s historical accomplishment to the world. It has been a long time coming and we are extremely elated and expect nothing but the best from her,” said Guernica Williams of the The Platinum Marketing and Public Relations Group, which is representing Norfleet.“While this has been an enduring journey for the entire Norfleet team, it has taught us patience and perseverance in all things,” said Norfleet. “Today is the result of persevering. I am truly honored and truly blessed to be able to experience this moment with my family and to race with some of the best drivers in the sport.”Tia Norfleet, the multi-talented Suffolk, VA native, is the daughter of 20-year veteran NASCAR driver, Bobby Norfleet. Tia started racing, under her father’s tutelage, at the age of 9 and has a true passion for the sport.“Getting here has taking much hard work and dedication, there are so many people who have helped to make this happen and we are very thankful for their devotion and support. At Bobby Norfleet Racing, Inc., it is a family affair and we all stand strong and firm behind Tia. We are extremely proud of her and the hard work that she has put into this program,” stated Allen L. Ellison, President of Bobby Norfleet Racing, Inc.Read more: Target Market News
It feels like depth has always been an issue for Thad Matta-coached basketball teams. It’s not that the Ohio State players who are on the bench aren’t talented, but more that those players on the bench stay on the bench. Matta has a tendency to find a few guys that he really trusts, usually five or six guys, and rotate that small group instead of giving them a rest and letting younger players grow. Although Matta’s success here at OSU can’t be questioned, his system has started to show its weakness in recent seasons when fatigue begins to set in during the NCAA Tournament. This year though, that formula has changed out of necessity rather than revelation. Matta has been swapping about eight players consistently, with three players – junior guards Aaron Craft and Lenzelle Smith Jr. and junior forward Deshaun Thomas – averaging about 30 minutes a game. But outside of Thomas, the Buckeyes don’t have a consistent second scoring threat. A few players have stepped into the role on a game-by-game basis (like Craft, Smith Jr. or sophomore forward Sam Thompson) but aren’t able to keep it up over an extended stretch. It is a perplexing problem, but many fans think they have the solution. Sophomore forward LaQuinton Ross has been singled out by some fans for his natural scoring ability as the obvious choice to take some of the pressure off of Thomas’ shoulders. Against Wisconsin Tuesday, Ross totaled eight points on 3-of-4 shooting. For the most part, Matta has remained defiant and Ross continues to sit on the bench for many of OSU’s contests this season. Ross is only averaging 17 minutes a game, despite being second on the team behind Thomas in terms of scoring efficiency. And while, relatively, Ross’ time on the court isn’t anything to snicker at, it’s not reflective of a player with the potential to be an elite scorer. But why wouldn’t Matta play Ross if OSU is so desperate for a second option? Thomas can’t carry the team on his own forever. Although the fans have a point about Ross being a talented scorer, the problems with Ross might outweigh the rewards. As good as Ross is on offense, he is equally bad on defense. It is hard to imagine that on an OSU team, a squad that has been known for its defense since Matta took over the program in 2004, that someone who is such a defensive liability would get significant playing time. Notice during the final five or so minutes how rare it is for Ross to receive minutes. He might aid in games during the middle stretches, but never starts and never closes, a sign of Matta’s lack of trust in the young forward. Although his outing against the Badgers shows marked improvement, it is still not enough to convince Matta to give Ross a more significant role. He might see more playing time come his way during certain games this season, but don’t expect for him to play vital minutes against Michigan Tuesday or Indiana on Feb. 10. For the Buckeyes to make a run in the NCAA Tournament similar to last season’s, they need someone to come out of the woodwork to help Thomas. Ross might be that guy someday. But for now? He’s not quite the answer.
For female tennis players and their fans, the road to true equality may seem long and hard.Go back a century, though, and the seeds of parity between the sexes had already been sown, according to an unseen archive of films.A treasure trove of tennis films, due to be made available to the public for the first time, shows how the enlightened tennis establishment push the sport as “the most democratic game for both sexes” as far back as 1924.Players in corsets were lauded on film, with girls encouraged to pick up a tennis racket to emulate their role models.As the years rolled on, adverts aimed at women tried to woo them via tennis, promising hair products and Nimble bread would improve their game. More than 70 films, from 1903 onwards, are to be released by the British Film Institute; most available to the public for the first time since they were originally broadcast.They include famous faces such British tennis star Fred Perry, Australia’s multi-grand slam winner Ken Rosewall, and a 15-year-old Sue Barker playing in 1971.One of the most remarkable, from 1926, shows George VI – then the Duke of York – playing at Wimbledon. A 15-year-old Sue BarkerCredit:BFI The earliest film in the collection, entitled “Jumping Over the Tennis Nets”Credit:BFI Archive 1926 newsreel entitled “Detachable Dress for Sportswomen” Credit:BFI Archive It is followed in 1964 with an extraordinary advert promising women can “eat all the bread you want” while being a tennis ace, promising: “Eat Nimble, be nimble”.More serious films show player Ann Jones speaking in 1968 about equal pay, arguing women should receive for two thirds of the men’s salary: an improvement from the £300 prize money for women and £1000 for men in her recent British Hard Court Championships.Gosta Johansson, curatorial consultant on the BFI Tennis on Film collection, said the films would give tennis fans the chance to see big names they will have read and heard about in action on film for the first time. Detachable Dress for Sportswomen, 1926 A 1926 newsreel entitled “Detachable Dress for Sportswomen” details a fetching new fashion, for a hidden pair of baggy shorts hidden behind a loose skirt to protect players’ modesty. “There’s very little feeling of women’s tennis being inferior to men’s at any point.”He and his team scoured the BFI archives, National Archive and regional collections to come up with the best films, which are likely to have been shown on cinema screens or at local clubs even before television was invented and in many cases have not been seen in public since. The collection, Tennis on Film, is available to watch for free on the BFI Player from Monday. Playing in the Men’s Doubles with Louis Greig, with his wife watching on from the stands, he lost in the first round.A film from the same year, 1926, sees King George V and Queen Mary present trophies to Wimbledon winners, including the rather portly Maud Watson, by then the oldest female competitor.The hugely successful player had first entered the tournament in 1884, wearing a white corset and petticoats.Similar outfits can be seen in the earliest film in the collection, entitled “Jumping Over the Tennis Nets” and taken from a collection of home movies by Alfred Ernest Passmore.Showing his family in holiday spirits, Edwardian women are seen attempting – not always successfully – to hop over a low tennis net in full skirts and hats.By the 1920s, filmmakers appear determined to convince women to pick up their tennis rackets.